Thursday, March 6, 2014

FieldBlog3 - Orange High School

Going back to the elementary and middle schools I realizes a lot has changed since I've been there. There were so many changes in the techniques of teaching and many noticeable technological advances. However, coming back to a high school I noticed that not much has changed considering I was there less than a year ago.

Orange high school was very diverse. I was placed in a senior English class and it was exactly what I expected. The teacher was like most high school teachers I had throughout the four years I was there. He was laid back and comfortable with his students. In my opinion, most senior classes (especially in the 2nd semester) aren't taken too seriously by the teachers or the students. 

After being opened up to observing at the high school level I have realized that I might want to switch from pursuing early childhood education to teaching at a high school level. I want to impact the lives of my students and I think I would be more effective on kids between the ages of fifteen and eighteen. High school is the time to discover yourself and the place to figure out the next step in ones life. I want to be able to steer teens in the right direction. High school was the time of my life and I have the most amazing memories and experiences from it. I also had a few bad experiences as well so I think I could easily relate and connect to students at the high school level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment